Metrology Probe M1
Multipurpose probe with excellent lifetime and reliability for high aspect ratio and high resolution applications. The nanotools®M1_NCH_13 tip is designed for non-contact/high frequency mode, in particular for automated AFM systems for in-line process control as well as general purpose AFM.
The high aspect ratio part of the probe is made from HIGH-DENSITY, DIAMOND LIKE CARBON (HDC/DLC), thus offering the extreme durability of diamond together with high resolution imaging capability. The stiffness/Youngs modulus is 8 x of that of silicon. Applying our patented EBD (electron beam deposition) technique we ensure a stiff and rigid high aspect ratio probe of superior symmetry and nanometer precision.
A 100 % quality check by SEM for every tip, high scan speeds, flexibility in combination with stiffness, 13 deg tilt compensation and optimized cost per scan are key parameters. The M1_NCH_13 is used by leading fabs worldwide for several AFM in-line monitoring tasks such as depth control or STI.
- EBD tip on NCH/TESP AFM cantilever
- tilt compensation: 13 deg +/-1 deg
- length of the high aspect ratio spike: 800 nm
- diameter at 600 nm tip length: 75 nm
- tip shape: conical, rotation-symmetric
- tip radius: better 10 nm, typically 5 nm
- 100 % SEM check; good tip guarantee.
- high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity.
- high lifetime substitute for silicon FIB probes.
This product features alignment grooves on the back side of the holder chip.