NCH AFM probes are designed for non-contact mode or tapping mode AFM (also known as: attractive or dynamic mode).
The so called "Colloidal Probe Technique", where single colloids are attached to AFM cantilevers for force measurements, opens the chance for a better understanding of fundamental interactions in a variety of fields.
Examples are adhesion phenomena, particle-surface-interactions, mechanical properties, suspensions, hydrodynamics and boundary slip - to name just some out of an increasing number of applications.
The probe offers unique features:
- sphere material: polystyrene (PS)
- excellent sphere diameter:
A = 1.98 µm, B = 3.6 µm, C = 6.1 µm, D = 10.8 µm, or E = 14.45 µm (all +/- 5%)
(Due to different masses the resonance frequency can differ.)
Please choose A, B, C, D, or E by ordering!
- highly doped silicon cantilever to dissipate static charge
- chemically inert
- high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity
- precise alignment of the cantilever position when used together with the Alignment chip
(within +/- 2 µm)
- compatible with PointProbe® Plus XY-Alignment Series