NCH AFM probes are designed for non-contact mode or tapping mode AFM (also known as: attractive or dynamic mode).
The so called "Colloidal Probe Technique", where single colloids are attached to AFM cantilevers for force measurements, opens the chance for a better understanding of fundamental interactions in a variety of fields.
Examples are adhesion phenomena, particle-surface-interactions, mechanical properties, suspensions, hydrodynamics and boundary slip - to name just some out of an increasing number of applications.
The probe offers unique features:
- sphere material: Polystyrol
- excellent sphere diameter A = 1,98 µm, B = 3,6 µm, or C = 6,1 µm (all +/- 5%)
(Due to different masses the resonance frequency can differ.)
Please choose A, B, or C by ordering!
- highly doped cantilever to dissipate static charge
- chemically inert
- high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity
- precise alignment of the cantilever position (within +/- 2 µm) in conjunction with the usage
of the alignment chip
- compatible with PointProbe® Plus XY-Alignment Series