The nanotools® M1-ESD_NCH_13 probes are designed for non-contact/ high frequency mode, in particular for automated AFM systems for in-line process control as well as general purpose AFM. Its special anti-ESD coating delivers metallic conductivity of the probe without weakening its mechanical strength.
Some applications such as scanning ceramics or photomasks require an even higher level of ESD precautions. Therefor the nanotools® M1-ESD_NCH_13 is the choice. Key features are excellent lifetime and reliability for high aspect ratio applications where charging of the sample is an issue.
The high aspect ratio part of the probe is made from HIGH-DENSITY, DIAMOND LIKE CARBON (HDC/DLC).- high aspect ratio
- hydrophobic surface properties
- high stiffness/elastic modulus (8 x of that of silicon)
- low thermal mass
- abrasion resistance EBD tip on NCH / TESP AFM cantilever
- high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity.
- high lifetime substitute for silicon FIB
- shape: conical, rotation-symmetric
- length: 800 nm +/- 200 nm
- diameter: 75 nm +/- 10 nm
- tip radius: < 10 nm, typically 5 nm
- tilt compensation: 13 deg +/- 1 deg
Applying our patented EBD techninque we ensure a stiff and rigid high aspect ratio probe of superior symmetry and nanometer precision.This product features alignment grooves on the back side of the holder chip.