The Plateau Tip series based on the well-established NANOSENSORS™ Silicon-SPM-Probes exhibit an intentionally blunt tip with a well-defined circular end-face located at the free end of a micromechanical cantilever. This plateau is formed by focused ion beam milling out of a symmetrically etched tip building a rod on top of a conical tip.
The PL2-FM type is offered for force modulation microscopy. The force constant of this AFM probe spans the gap between contact and non-contact mode and is specially tailored for the force modulation mode. Furthermore non-contact or tapping mode operation is possible with the FM tip but with reduced operation stability.
Upon request customized larger plateau diameters can be realized. Other shapes are also possible upon request.
This product features alignment grooves on the back side of the holder chip.
The probe offers unique features:
- plateau diameter of typically 1.8 µm
- single crystalline silicon
- highly doped to dissipate static charge
- Al coating on detector side of cantilever
- chemically inert
- high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity
- precise alignment of the cantilever position (within +/- 2 µm) in conjunction with the usage of the alignment chip
- compatible with PointProbe® Plus XY-Alignment Series