Product Description:The NANOSENSORS™ PPP-MFMR AFM probe is our standard probe for magnetic force microscopy providing a reasonable sensitivity, resolution and coercitivity. It has proven stable imaging of a variety of recording media and other samples. The force constant of this probe type is specially tailored for magnetic force microscopy yielding high force sensitivity while simultaneously enabling tapping mode and lift mode operation.
The SPM probe offers unique features:
- hard magnetic coating on the tip side (coercivity of app. 300 Oe, remanence magnetization
of app. 300 emu/cm3)
- effective magnetic moment in the order of 10-13 emu
- metallic electrical conductivity
- excellent tip radius of curvature
- magnetic resolution better than 50 nm
- Al coating on detector side of cantilever enhancing the reflectivity of the laser beam
by a factor of about 2.5
- precise alignment of the cantilever position (within +/- 2 µm) in conjunction with the usage
of the alignment chip
- compatible with PointProbe® Plus XY-Alignment Series
As both coatings are almost stress free the bending of the cantilever due to stress is less than 3.5% of the cantilever length. For enhanced signal strength the magnetization of the tip by means of a strong permanent magnet prior to the measurement is recommended.This product features alignment grooves on the back side of the holder chip.