CONT AFM probes are designed for contact mode (repulsive mode) AFM imaging. This sensor can also be used for force-distance spectroscopy mode or pulsed force mode (PFM). The CONT type is optimized for high sensitivity due to a low force constant.
The so called "Colloidal Probe Technique", where single colloids are attached to AFM cantilevers for force measurements, opens the chance for a better understanding of fundamental interactions in a variety of fields.
Examples are adhesion phenomena, particle-surface-interactions, mechanical properties, suspensions, hydrodynamics and boundary slip - to name just some out of an increasing number of applications.
The probe offers unique features:
- sphere material: borosilicate glass
- excellent sphere diameter A = 5 µm, B = 10 µm, C = 20 µm (all +/- 10%)
(Due to different masses the resonance frequency can differ.)
Please choose A, B, or C by ordering!
- highly doped silicon cantilever to dissipate static charge
- chemically inert
- high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity
- precise alignment of the cantilever position when used together the Alignment chip
(within +/- 2 µm)
- compatible with PointProbe® Plus XY-Alignment Series