The NANOSENSORS™ PPP-LC-MFMR/ AFM probe is coated with a soft magnetic thin film enabling the measurement of magnetic domains in soft magnetic samples. Due to the low coercivity of the tip coating the magnetisation of the tip will easily get reoriented by hard magnetic samples.
The soft magnetic coating on the tip has a coercivity of app. 0.75 Oe and a remanence magnetization of app. 225 emu/cm3 (these values were determined on a flat surface).
The SPM probe offers unique features:
- soft magnetic coating on the tip side (coercivity of app. 0.75 Oe, remanence magnetization of app. 225 emu/cm3)
- effective magnetic moment 0.75x of standard probes
- excellent tip radius of curvature
- magnetic resolution better than 35 nm
- Al coating on detector side of cantilever enhancing the reflectivity of the laser beam by a factor of about 2.5
- precise alignment of the cantilever position (within +/- 2 µm) when used with the Alignment Chip
- compatible with PointProbe® Plus XY-Alignment Series