Product Description:NANOSENSORS AdvancedTEC™ EFM AFM tips are designed for force modulation mode imaging. They feature a tetrahedral tip that protrudes from the very end of the cantilever.
This unique feature allows precise positioning and makes the AdvancedTEC™ the only AFM scanning probe in the world that offers REAL TIP VISIBILITY FROM TOP, even when the probe is tilted due to its mounting onto the AFM head. This feature makes them the premium choice for all applications where the tip has to be placed exactly on the point of interest and/or has to be visible (e.g. Nanomanipulation).
Due to their very small half cone angles the tips of the AdvancedTEC™ Series show great performance on samples that have a small pattern size combined with steep sample features.
The probe offers unique features:
- REAL TIP VISIBILITY FROM TOP
- metallic conductivity of the tip
- high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity
- Tip height 15-20 µm
- Typical tip radius of curvature < 20 nm
- Aspect Ratio of the last 1.5 µm of the tip > 4:1 (from front and side)
- Tip shape is defined by real crystal planes resulting in highly reproducible geometries and extremely smooth surfaces
- Highly doped single crystal silicon (0.01-0.025 Ohm*cm)
- Rectangular cantilever with trapezoidal cross section
- Holder dimensions are 1.6 mm x 3.4 mm
Please note: Wear at the tip can occur if operating in contact-, friction- or force modulation mode or where it is necessary to conduct high currents.