The FM type is offered for force modulation microscopy. The force constant of this AFM probe spans the gap between contact and non-contact mode and is specially tailored for the force modulation mode. This AFM probe type combines high operation stability with outstanding sensitivity and fast scanning ability.
For applications that require a wear resistant and an electrically conductive AFM tip we recommend this type. NANOSENSORS PtSi-FM AFM probes are suitable for C-AFM, Tunneling AFM, Scanning Capacitance Microscopy (SCM), Electrostatic Force Microscopy (EFM) and Kelvin Probe Force Microscopy (KFPM).
The Platinum Silicide coating shows an excellent conductivity (almost approaching metal conductivity). The typical AFM tip radius of curvature is around 25 nm.
The AFM probe offers unique features:
- platinum silicide coating with excellent conductivity and good wear-out behavior
- chemically inert
- high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity
- alignment grooves on backside of silicon holder chip
- precise alignment of the AFM cantilever position (within +/- 2 µm) when used with the Alignment Chip
- compatible with PointProbe® Plus XY-Alignment Series