Grating with Undercut Edge Structures for Lateral Calibration and AFM Tip Aspect Ratio Determination
The silicon calibration grating from the TGX series is an array of square holes with sharp undercut edges formed by anisotropic etching along the (111) crystallographic planes of silicon. The typical radius of the edges is less than 5nm.
- pitch 3µm, accuracy 0.1µm
- edge radii <5nm
- step height ~1µm (approximate value, not for vertical calibration purposes)
- active area 1x1mm
- chip dimensions 5x5x0.3mm
- available mounted on 12mm plate (TGX) or unmounted (TGX/NM)
The TGX calibration gratings are intended for:
- determination of the tip aspect ratio
- lateral calibration of SPM scanners
- detection of lateral non-linearity, hysteresis, creep, and cross-coupling effects
For accurate quantification of images of calibration gratings from the TGX series you can use image processing software such as the Scanning Probe Image Processor (SPIP) designed by Image Metrology.