The Plateau Tip series based on the well-established NANOSENSORS™
Silicon-SPM-Probes exhibit an intentionally blunt tip with a well-defined circular end-face located at the free end of a micromechanical cantilever. This plateau is formed by focused ion beam milling out of a symmetrically etched tip building a rod on top of a conical tip.NANOSENSORS™ PL2-CONTR AFM probes
are designed for contact mode (repulsive mode) AFM imaging. This probe can also be used for force-distance spectroscopy mode or pulsed force mode (PFM). The CONT type is optimized for high sensitivity due to a low force constant.
Upon request customized larger plateau diameters can be realized. Other shapes are also possible upon request.
The probe offers unique features:
- plateau diameter of typically 1.8 µm
- single crystalline silicon
- highly doped silicon to dissipate static charge
- Al coating on detector side of cantilever
- chemically inert
- high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity