Tuning Fork Sensor Controller
Electronic device to control the self-oscillation of tuning fork sensors and measure their frequency
The new NanoAndMore Tuning Fork Sensor Controller is an electronic device to control the self-oscillation of a quartz tuning fork based sensor and to measure its frequency.
The new NanoAndMore Tuning Fork Sensor Controller offers our customers the convenience of a ready to use electronic device to control and to measure the frequency of the NANOSENSORS™ Akiyama-Probe and other self-oscillating quartz tuning fork-based sensors without having to build the whole Akiyama-Probe set-up from scratch.
Quartz Tuning Forks are highly useful for various sensing applications such as Scanning Probe Microscopy (SPM), Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM), viscosity/vacuum measurements, Bio/chemical sensing, etc.
The Tuning Fork Sensor Controller excites the self-oscillation of quartz tuning-fork-based sensors at their resonance frequency. As soon as an external force or an environmental change influences the tuning fork, the self-oscillation frequency changes. By measuring the frequency shift, quantitative information of the analyte is obtained.
AFM topography image of HOPG (left) and scan profile along the dashed line (right)
- Control the self-oscillation of the Akiyama-Probe and other quartz tuning-fork-based sensors
- Measure the frequency of the Akiyama-Probe and other quartz tuning-fork-based sensors
- Optimized for the operation of the Akiyama-Probe in AFM applications
- Delivered with one Preamplifier board and one sensor holder ready for operation
- Delivered with a set of three tuning forks attached onto a support chip for testing
- Ready to use unit out of the box
Self-oscillation frequency range:
10 kHz – 100 kHz
Frequency measurement range:
28 kHz ~ 60 kHz
(± 1 kHz variations in different units)
Demodulation frequency range:
(i) ± 405 Hz (100 mHz resolution, ± 30 Hz variations in different units)
(ii) ± 2077 Hz (510 mHz resolution, ± 150 Hz variations in different units)
Required power supply:
100-230 V~ 50/60 Hz 4 VA