The sQube colloidal probe combines the well-known features of the proven NANOSENSORS™ FM series such as high application versatility and compatibility with most commercial SPMs with a reproducible sphere radius instead of a sharp tip. The excellent radius and the minimized variation of diameter provide reproducible signals.
The FM type is offered for force modulation microscopy. The force constant of this AFM probe spans the gap between contact and non-contact mode and is specially tailored for the force modulation mode.
The so called "Colloidal Probe Technique", where single colloids are attached to AFM cantilevers for force measurements, opens the chance for a better understanding of fundamental interactions in a variety of fields.
Examples are adhesion phenomena, particle-surface-interactions, mechanical properties, suspensions, hydrodynamics and boundary slip - to name just some out of an increasing number of applications.
The probe offers unique features:
- sphere material: silicon dioxide (SiO2)
- excellent sphere diameter:
A = 2 µm, B = 3.5 µm, C = 6.62 µm, D = 10.2 µm, or E = 15 µm (all +/- 5%)
(Due to different masses the resonance frequency can differ.)
Please choose A, B, C, D, or E when ordering!
- highly doped silicon cantilever to dissipate static charge
- chemically inert
- high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity
- precise alignment of the cantilever position when used together with the Alignment chip
(within +/- 2 µm)
- compatible with PointProbe® Plus XY-Alignment Series
This product features alignment grooves on the back side of the holder chip.